Friday, September 24, 2021

Saturday.

Yesterday was something! The plan was to make sure i made it to the WW1 museum at the top of a huge climb. We were told to either leive early or take thr shuttle to the half way point and finish the final 10k to the top. I took the Shuttle and got me off to a sure start to get there before they closed. Beautiful solo riding through dark forrest with sunny breaks and sometimes breathtaking views. The Linge Memorial museum is haunting. When you see it, it Looks like the horrorable mess it was. Trench warfair at its worst. I left fealling really sad
After a insane down hill that the only way to keep from going over 45 mph was to hold onto the brake levers, we came to a very touristy town. Kayserberg is like the tourists dream of souvener shops and restaurants. After a quick lunch, on the way out of town we stopped in silence to see in person the Hotel where Anthony Bordain took his life, So Sad to have lost a great story teller and entertaining host. His legacy will live on, but this is where it ended.
I dropped back from Barbara to find a good spot to do my business. Somehow I picked up a wrong arrow from our tour. It was one from earlyer that day, One hour later I was 15 miles away from our finish and lost. Not Good. It took a while to figure it all out, but with the help of Ms Google found a route home. My battery on my ebike ran out with 5 miles to go! Very hilly, narrow vinyard roads, I crested a very large hill with an amazing view of our nights stay town below, The day was not my best. Sad from the battle field and stupid loss of life. Happy to be home with another story to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Good to read more details on your trip than I can get on FB. Sometimes getting lost provides it's own happy adventure!

    ReplyDelete