Sunday, October 13, 2024

Day 13 The Mountains to the sea

I got a text last night from Rob. "I have been following the blog, but just where are you?" Well Greece, but I guess I never said what part. Rob knows and loves Greece, but where are we? "Sparta." I said. Then I sent him this:
We are in the Southen Peloponnese. Beautiful rolling hills with spectacular views.We come across a village every ounce in a while but for the most part, traffic free roads with big climbs. Its cool on the morning, but warms up quickly. It was 1am here, so after going back and forth for a few minutes, we said "Good Night.
What seemed like it was going to be an all down hill ride, we actually ended up climbing 2000 Feet!
We got to the hotel around 2:30 and before our bags, so we went right to the rooftop restaurant for lunch. afterwards, nap time for me and a restful night to get ready for tomorrow's ride. We have been told of a picturesque route with a huge climb to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment